WEEK 48: Allens Lane & Lincoln Drive to Hartwell Lane
1 Car Freshener (new car smell)
1 large dog collar
2 cigarette butts
1 10oz can Red Bull
1 12oz can Diet Pepsi
1 12oz can Busch
1 12oz can Miller High Life
1 12oz can Budweiser (pull tab, crushed)
1 10oz bottle milk no label
1 bag Homegirls potato chips “Sweeties”
1 32oz bottle Gatorade
1 16oz bottle water Niagara
1 label bottle water America’s Choice
1 16oz bottle Sprite
1 mangled red Solo cup
1 cereal(?) cup illegible
2 mint wrappers Merion Cricket Club
1 wrapper Grandma’s chocolate chip cookies
1 blunt wrapper Black & Mild
1 ziploc bag
1 wrapper Aunt Clara’s muffins
1 plant tag
25 pieces random creek plastic
1 dog shit pile
5 dog shit bags
2 dogs on leash
1 dogs off leash
NOTES AND OBSERVATIONS
– First snow of fall/winter, only a dusting but enough to cover some litter.
– Found $10 bill near Allens Lane trailhead!
– 640 Gatehouse Lane, man, that’s some house.
– Big Wissahickon schist formation below 640.
– Big branch down across Hartwell Trail (and Hartwell Run) just above White Trail.
– Big pile of broken plastic adirondack chairs on Hartwell Trail where the homes start.
– Old dam to right of first bridge over Hartwell Trail walking uphill.
– Holy crap there’s an entirely second Hartwell Trail on the north side of the creek! Is this rogue?
– Big rocks at point above White Trail and Hartwell Trail (both north and south sides of Run).
– SCH “Play Space in the Woods” at top of Hartwell Trail behind SCH Academy blends city and woods nicely. “Unless” sculpture seems weird without Lorax reference.
* * *